About this blogAn Authentic Indian inspired journey bringing you tasty recipes, culinary products, classes and specials offered by East India Pantry and Saffron Valley.
Special Offers & Exclusive Recipes
- Lasooni Chicken, Aloo Papdi Chaat, Shahi Veg Korma, bhindi Masala, Kadai Panir, Kashmiri Pulao,… http://t.co/djOL6L2kLB 11:29:58 AM June 11, 2013
- Indo-Chinese today! Singapore Noodles..oh yeah!! @ Saffron Valley http://t.co/uYBiOrUIFK 08:19:01 PM June 10, 2013
- Get out and experience some thing different tonight. 03:53:31 PM June 08, 2013
- Grilled Salmon Tikka, Pulao, Delicious lentil yogurt soup! #whatsforlunchslc #slcindian #instaslc… http://t.co/1AgjO58OL8 12:19:20 PM June 07, 2013
- All You Can Eat
- Appetizers & Soups
- Culinary Classes
- Culinary Journeys
- East India Pantry
- Fit & Feast
- Healthy Indian
- Indian Culture
- Indian Spices
- Lunch Buffet
- Meat Main Course
- Saffron Hot Spots
- Saffron Valley
- Spice Elixir
- Take Out
- Veg. Main Course.
Tag Archives: water
• 1 cup Basmati Rice (washed and drained)
• 1.5 cups water
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 tablespoon minced onions
• 1 green chilly slit lengthwise (serrano, jalepeno)
• 1 bay leaf
• 3 cloves
• Cinnamon small piece
• 1 tsp butter or ghee
• Salt to taste
Heat the butter (ghee) in a skillet. Add the whole spices (bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon) and cumin seeds fry them for few seconds. Stir in the onions and green chili, sauté until the onions are translucent.
Add the rice, water and salt, give it a stir. After it comes to a boil, cover the saucepan with a lid and cook in low flame until the rice is done. This takes 20 minutes.
Serves 4 Ingredients 21/2 cups whole wheat flour 1 cup of luke warm water 2 tbsp of oil 1/4 tsp of salt Oil or non-stick cooking spray oil 1 cup flour for dusting Making the dough: Put flour and salt … Read more
Did you ever come across a soupy lentil dish at an Indian restaurant and wondered what goes into it? Well, the yellow, sometimes orangish dish is not only tasy but it is nutritious too..and it’s simply called dal.
This casserole of shrimp and fragrant spiced rice is a favorite in my home. If there is one dish that is undoubdetly the Sunday afternoon favorite, it is the shrimp biryani. Biryani is the Indian equivalent of paella- a rice … Read more